I would like to attend the SafeWork Summit 2018 in Niagara Falls Ontario on April 18th.
I’ve selected this particular conference for professional development and safety training because it is the most cost-effective on the market. Workplace Safety Group caps their attendance to encourage thoughtful conversations around safety best practices. Additionally, the topics are relevant to our workplace right now and offer foresight into upcoming changes in health and safety law and WSIB Rate Frame Modernization.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Understanding the implications of marijuana, both medical & recreational, on workplace policies; should cannabis be allowed to be used, tolerated or forbidden at work?
- How addiction impacts the workplace
- Creating a psychologically healthy work environment
- How employers can deal with employees diagnosed with a chronic mental stress injury
- How will judges and doctors know if the reported mental stress is caused by a “substantial work-related stressor”?
- How will judges objectively and consistently determine if a work-related stressor is “excessive in intensity and/or duration” in comparison to “the normal pressures and tensions experienced by workers in similar circumstances”?
- Preparing companies for WSIB Rate Framework Modernization
Date: April 18th, 2018
Location: Best Western-Cairn Croft, 6400 Lundy's Lane Niagara Falls ON
Full Agenda: Click Here
Stuart Rudner – Founder, Rudner Law - Labour and Employment Law
Cézanne Charlebois MA, LLB - Certified Specialist, Workplace Safety and Insurance Law
Marnie Prokator - Health Promoter, Community Addiction Services of Niagara (CASON)
Cost: $275 including breakfast and lunch with free parking
I would appreciate your approval to attend.