We're already into November and December 1st is quickly approaching. If you haven't taken the time to fully train employees on WHMIS 2015 yet, it's not too late - but time is running out. For more information or to book training before the December 1 stdeadline call 1.866.347.7707 or Contact Us.
Here is a partial Employer Compliance Checklist:
- Do you know which materials in your workplace are classified as hazardous products under WHMIS?
- Do all containers of hazardous products received from a supplier have a supplier label?
- Have you made and attached workplace labels to hazardous products:
a. produced in-house for use in your own workplace?
b. decanted from the original supplier container into another container?
- Do you have a process in place to update supplier and workplace labels with significant new data about a hazardous product?
- Do you have current SDSs for hazardous products received from a supplier?
- Are copies of SDSs readily available to workers? Do workers know how to access SDSs that are in electronic format?
- Have you identified all workers required to receive WHMIS training and instruction?
- Do you have a process to verify that workers have understood their training and know how to safely handle any hazardous products they use? How to find SDSs? What to do in an emergency?
- Have workers been trained on the topics set out in section 7 of the WHMIS Regulation? Was the information provided to workers tailored to circumstances and conditions in your workplace?
- Did you consult the joint health and safety committee or a health and safety representative about the development and delivery of the worker training?