A Guide for Employers
WSG’s mission is to be the resource for safety development, knowledge and information to our clients. We are a group of dedicated individuals working together in the common interest of accident prevention. We have grown from a locally based company in Niagara to become a recognized and established, health and safety resource throughout Ontario and across Canada.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What are an employer’s obligations regarding occupational health and safety?
OH&S legislation is primarily a matter of provincial or territory jurisdiction. Each province or territory is responsible for outlining the responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers. For workers employed by the federal government, Crown agencies or corporations, and some organizations that operate across provincial boundaries, the Canada Labour Code applies. Generally, legislative similarities include the obligation of employers to provide workers with a safe work environment and safe working conditions and that they are informed of their legislative responsibilities.
2. Are employers required to hire outside OH&S help?
An increasing number of employers are relying upon the expertise of OH&S practitioners to assist with achieving and ensuring their regulatory compliance. Many employers interpret “compliance” in this context to mean hiring an OH&S practitioner. While legislation does not require this, by hiring OH&S experts, employers are lessening their liability risks.
3. What is the financial benefit of hiring an OH&S consultant?
Many organizations, including insurance underwriters, can attest to the direct financial benefits. A poll of senior executives found that for every $1 invested in workplace OH&S activities, $3-$6 were saved.
4. Why choose Workplace Safety Group?
• Our Approach - To us, it's not just work, we take pride in the solutions we deliver.
• Our Attitude - Each client must feel that they are the only ones we are servicing.
• Our Unique Abilities - We look closely at needs and detail specific solutions.
• Our Experience - From Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Construction, WSG has experience in all areas.
• Our Quality - Feel free to contact any of our clients for a testimonial.
• Our Support - We stay with you to the extent that you request.
Tomorrow, we will be here for you. We are not a flash-in-the-pan company. We have seen other health and safety providers come and go and we plan to still be here years from now.