Translated into dollars and sense/cents, an investment in workplace health and safety is an investment in your employees and your business success.
Developing your health and safety program doesn’t happen overnight. The first step is doing your Due Diligence by recognizing the need for, and then committing to health and safety with the help of your Joint Health & Safety Committee or Health and Safety Representative.
Neglecting health and safety can result in:
- Injury, illness, property damage
- Time and manpower costs of dealing with MOL orders and investigations
- Time and administrative costs of processing WSIB claims
- Increases in WSIB premiums
- Overtime costs that cover lost production of an injured worker
- Time and turnover costs of replacing skilled injured workers
- Negative impact on business reputation, brand capital and worker morale
Benefits of investing in health and safety:
- Reduced number of sick days
- Dependable customer service
- Steady production
- Positive impact on business reputation and brand capital
- Competitive advantage for recruiting new talent and attracting new business
- Lowered WSIB costs
- Positive employee morale with less turnover
Workplace Safety Group provides you with the information and resources you need to begin this journey. When you have questions, call or email us. WSG’s knowledgeable staff is available to assist you.
Don’t forget to visit our Resource Library to download free templates or information pages.