Due Diligence for Managers & Supervisors
Due Diligence training helps to ensure that preventive action is a part of every activity in any type of workplace, whether it be an office, a manufacturing facility or healthcare environment.
Who Should Take This Course?When an accident occurs, business owners must be able to prove that “every precaution reasonable” was taken to protect workers. Failure to do so can leave you open to liability. Such liability may lead to fines and even imprisonment; it's simply not worth the risk. Who should take this course?:
- Business owners to ensure they understand the duties of their team.
- New managers and supervisors to gain awareness.
- Experienced managers and supervisors to enhance competency.
- Anyone who directs the work of others.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Informative and engaging! Thanks for making health and safety a surprisingly fun experience.”
Owners, Managers and Supervisors gain a fundamental understanding of their duties and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Exercising Due Diligence proves accountability and responsibility in effectively managing health and safety; thereby, reducing risks to your company's reputation and bottom line. Failure to prove that “every precaution reasonable” to protect workers was taken can lead to fines and even imprisonment.
To exercise Due Diligence, an employer must have a plan to identify potential workplace hazards, and carry out appropriate corrective actions to prevent accidents or injuries that may arise from these hazards.
Length: 4 Hours
Individual price in a general public course ** $195.00 + HST
On-Site: ** $1055.00 + HST
**Please note that we must have a subscription of 6 participants for this course
Next Public Course Dates
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right for upcoming classes.
This course covers aspects of Due Diligence including:
- Definition of the Due Diligence,("General Duty Clause")
- Legal responsibilities of owners, supervisors and managers
- Explain the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Hazard assessment & control
- Programs, policies and procedures requirements
- Worker training requirements
- Need for workplace inspections
- Need for proper documentation
- The use of Due Diligence as a legal defense
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.