WHMIS 2015 - Legislation
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is now aligned with the worldwide hazard communication system known as GHS – the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals. It is a comprehensive system for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling or storage in Canadian workplaces.
The key elements of the system are hazard identification and product classification, cautionary labelling, the provision of safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education and training.
Who Should Take This Course?All individuals, in any type of work environment, who may be exposed to chemical, biological and physical agents, must be trained to understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products used or stored at their facility. They must have an understanding of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors. All the while, providing a myriad of training materials and course designations to choose from.”
Course OverviewThe Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals is now incorporated into WHMIS 2015.
• Updated WHMIS requirements and how they affect you; • How WHMIS 2015 requirements are laid out in the amended Hazardous Product Act (HPA) and the new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR);• How the hazard communication system provides information on the hazard classes specific to WHMIS 2015
• 32 Hazard Classes
• 9 new pictographs
Course DetailsLength: 2.0 Hours
Groups of 8+: Contact us for rates & in-house options:
- Custom WHMIS 2015 training is available for specialized groups such as Dental Offices, Veterinary Clinics, Nursing Homes, Retirement Homes, Agri-Business, etc. Call us at 1.866.347.7707 or Email us for rates & in-house options
- Minimum of 8 participants for this course to run
- It is recommended that training be taken every three years from the original date of successful completion.
- WHMIS - 2015 requirements and alignment with the GHS
- Hazardous Products Act
- The new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR)
- Hazard Groups, Classes and Categories
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- New Pictograms - understanding the hazards they represent
- New Labeling requirements
- PPE requirements
- 911 Activation Plan
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For on site training pricing on this product, additional compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.