WHMIS 2015 Compliance Training
On July 1st, 2016 the provincial government amended the OH&SA and WHMIS Regulation 860 to include the GHS System of labeling and classification standards into WHMIS. These amendments require you to make changes to your chemical labeling, receiving and cataloguing systems to match those used in the Globally Harmondized System (GHS) meeting certain deadlines.
All individuals, in any type of work environment, who may be exposed to chemical, biological and physical agents, must be trained to understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products used or stored at their facility. They must have an understanding of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Please be aware of these timelines
- May 31, 2018: Until this date, you may use and receive products with old or new WHMIS labels
- June 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018: Begin transitioning materials with old WHMIS labels over to the new system
- December 1, 2018: The transition to the new WHMIS system of labelling must be complete in your workplace
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone, in any job, where there is the potential to come into contact with biological, chemical, and physical agents and, who may be exposed in the course of their work to a hazardous or controlled product. Anyone who is a supervisor or manager as well as company Health & Safety Representative or JHSC member.
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The instructor was very informative and kind, and made things very clear for me."
Canada's requirements for workplace chemicals have changed as the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals is incorporated into WHMIS. Learn about the status of new and existing WHMIS requirements and how the changes affect you.
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 requirements are laid out in the amended Hazardous Product Act (HPA) and the new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR).
This course addresses the new hazard communication system that provides information on the safe use of hazardous products in Canadian workplaces. WHMIS 2015 is an amalgam of WHMIS 1988 and GHS (Globally Harmonized System) for Classification and Labelling of Chemicals that now includes two types of hazard classes specific to WHMIS 2015: 32 Physical Hazard Classes, 16 Health Hazard Classes, plus 9 new pictographs.
Groups of 6+: Contact Us For Rates & In-House Options:
- Custom WHMIS 2015 training is available for specialized groups such as; Dental Offices, Veterinary Clinics, Nursing Homes, Retirement Homes, Agri-Business, etc. Call us TF at 1.866.347.7707 or Email Us For Rates & In-House Options
- Minimum of 8 participants for this course to run
- The training is recommended valid for three years from the date of successful completion of training.
- WHMIS - 2015 requirements and alignment with the GHS
- Hazardous Products Act
- The new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR)
- Hazard Groups, Classes and Categories
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) - Convert your MSDS binder to the new SDS
- New Pictograms and understand the hazards they represent
- New Labeling requirements
- PPE requirements..where to find
- 911 Activation
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.