The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is now aligned with the worldwide hazard communication system known as GHS – the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals. It is a comprehensive system for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling or storage in Canadian workplaces.
The key elements of the system are hazard identification and product classification, cautionary labelling, the provision of safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education and training.
Who Should Take This Course?All individuals, in any type of work environment, who may be exposed to chemical, biological and physical agents, must be trained to understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products used or stored at their facility. They must have an understanding of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets.
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The instructor was very informative and kind, and made things very clear for me."
Course OverviewThe Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals is now incorporated into WHMIS 2015.
• Updated WHMIS requirements and how they affect you;
• 32 Hazard Classes
• 9 new pictographs
Course DetailsLength: 2.0 Hours
Groups of 8+: Contact us for rates & in-house options:
- Custom WHMIS 2015 training is available for specialized groups such as Dental Offices, Veterinary Clinics, Nursing Homes, Retirement Homes, Agri-Business, etc. Call us at 1.866.347.7707 or Email us for rates & in-house options
- It is recommended that training be taken every three years from the original date of successful completion.
Additional Course Content
- The new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- New labeling requirements
- PPE requirements
- 911 Activation Plan
Ready to Book?
For training pricing and available dates call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.