The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is now aligned with the worldwide hazard communication system known as GHS – the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals. It is a comprehensive system for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling or storage in Canadian workplaces.
The key elements of the system are hazard identification and product classification, cautionary labelling, the provision of safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education and training.
Who Should Take This Course?All individuals, in any type of work environment, who may be exposed to chemical, biological and physical agents, must be trained to understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products used or stored at their facility. They must have an understanding of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets.
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The training was informative and engaging! Thanks for making Health and Safety a surprisingly fun experience."
Course OverviewThe Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals is now incorporated into WHMIS 2015.
• Updated WHMIS requirements and how they affect you; • How WHMIS 2015 requirements are laid out in the amended Hazardous Product Act (HPA) and the new Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR);• How the hazard communication system provides information on the hazard classes specific to WHMIS 2015
• 32 Hazard Classes
• 9 new pictographs
- The new Hazardous Products Regulations
- OHSA Regulations with regards to Hazardous/Toxic material
- OHSA Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- New Labeling regquirments
- New Pictrograms
- PPE requirements
- 911 Activation
Course DetailsLength: 2.0 hours
- Custom WHMIS training is available for specialized groups such as Dental offices, Nursing Homes, Agri-Business
- It is recommended that WHMIS refresher training be taken every three years
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.