Health & Safety Representative (HSR) Basic Training
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), companies that have 6-19 employees must have a worker-selected Health and Safety Representative. To be effective in their duties, HSRs should have a broad foundational knowledge and be committed to improving health and safety conditions in the workplace. HSRs must know how to exercise their considerable legislative functions.
Who Should Take This Course?Any person who takes on the role of Health and Safety Representative, Officer or other health and safety designation must be knowledgeable.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“The staff at Workplace Safety group are very professional and make the training process user friendly which for a large organization benefited us tremendously.”
Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, companies with 6-19 employees are required to ensure that the worker-selected Health and Safety Representative receives specific training to effectively perform his/her legal duties. A trained HSR will make a difference to the level of safety in your workplace.
In this full-day, instructor-led training, participants will learn how to effectively exercise their considerable legal powers and duties, including carrying out workplace inspections, identifying hazards and assessing risks. Be confident that your HSR can carry out their role knowledgeably and responsibly!
Length: 1 Day
Individual Price: $295
Groups of 6-12 Discount: 15% Contact us for in-house options
**Minimum of 6 participants for this course to run**
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right for upcoming classes..
- Overview of the OHSA & Regulations
- Rights, Duties and responsibilities of the Workplace Parties
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Key Responsibilities of the HSR
- Representing Workers on Health & Safety Issues
- How to Conduct a Workplace Inspection
- Applying the RACE (recognize, assess, control and evaluate) methodology to a workplace hazard
- How to Investigate a Work Refusal
- How to Investigate a Critical Injury or Fatality
- Making Recommendations to Employers
- Obtaining Information from the Employer, WSIB, MOL and Other Sources
- Each participant receives a copy of the OHSA (Green Book)
For information on in-house training options or for groups larger than 6, please contact us.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.