Confined Space Awareness
This Confined Spaces Awareness Course will guide you through aspects of working in a confined space, including entry and exit, safe work and rescue procedures, and the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be planned and safely carried out.
Who Should Take This Course?This course should be provided to all workers in a workplace that contains a confined space. It meets the requirement for Awareness Level training for Entrant workers, Attendants and Supervisors.
- All Workers operating In Confined Spaces
- Entrant Workers & New Employees
- Crew Attendants
- Site Supervisors/Forepersons
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors. All the while, providing a myriad of training materials and course designations to choose from.”
This course identifies the characteristics of a confined space, describes the risks and hazards associated with working in a confined space, and covers prescribed methods for controlling those risks. Participants will gain knowledge on best practices and procedures to prevent and avoid possible incidents, as well as steps to follow when responding to an actual confined space incident.
Course information covers the definition and recognition of a confined space and explains the documentation requirements pertaining to confined space work, giving the student the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be carried out safely.
Length: 1 Day (60% Theory and 40% Practical)
On-site Groups of 6 to 12: $1,895.00
Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
- How to recognize & identify a Confined Space
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognizing different types of Confined Spaces
- Roles & responsibilities for Supervisors & Workers who work around & within Confined Spaces
- Identifying & assessing hazards associated with Confined Spaces
- Steps to control & minimize Hazards
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Understanding the permit system
- Emergency extraction is NOT on the course agenda
For information on in-house training options contact us.
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For further information on this product, our compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.