Mobile Crane • Bucket Truck • Rigging/Hoisting Awareness
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of Mobile Cranes and Boom Trucks. This course provides participants with the necessary information so that Competent Operators can safely operate a mobile crane/Aerial Work Platform.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation of a mobile crane or boom truck including:
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors. All the while, providing a myriad of training materials and course designations to choose from.”
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of Mobile Cranes and Boom Trucks. This course provides participants with the necessary information so that Competent Operators can safely operate a mobile crane.
In Canada, CSA C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices is a National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Mobile Crane Operators Understand Applicable Legislation & Standards
- Participants Can Identify Hazards Associated With & Around Mobile Crane Operation
- Participants Understand Factors Affecting Crane Capacity During Hoists
- Safe Rigging
- Workers Understand How to Set Up a Mobile Crane/Work Platform in Proper Sequence, Paying Attention to the Job Site & Operating Procedures
Length: 1 Day (50% Theory & 50% Practical)
Individual Price: $255
Groups of 3-5 Discount: 10%
Groups of 6+ Discount: Contact Us For Special In-House Training Rates
Prior experience is required to participate in this one-day course. Follow your provincial guidelines and company policies to determine how much prior experience you require.
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right for upcoming classes.
- Legal Requirements Under The Ohs Act And Regulationsrequirements Of Canadian Standards Association Code C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices
- Duties of Supervisors & Workers
- Principles Of A Pre-Shift Inspection For Vehicle-Mounted, Aerial Work Platforms
- Precautions For Lifting, Lowering & Moving
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspection Of Vehicle & Hoisting Equipment
- Inspection Of Worksite & Surroundings
- Hand Signals
- Safe Rigging Practices
- Participants Will All Have An Opportunity To Inspect, Set-Up & Operate Equipment
- Practical Evaluation To Ensure Proficiency
For information on in-house training options or for groups larger than 6, please contact us.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course.
Contact Us For Dates
For information on this and other upcoming seminars please sign up for our “What’s New” emails.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.