Elevated Work Platform(Industrial) Awareness Training
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of; "vehicle" mounted and self-propelled Aerial Work Platforms. This course will guide you through all aspects of Aerial Lift and Elevated Work Platform safety providing participants with the necessary information covering material such as; the division of responsibilities, information about PPE, as well as equipment inspection and hazard assessment.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation around vehicle mounted aerial work platforms including; scissor lift, Genie, zoom boom, bucket & Tele-Ladder:
- Construction Workers
- Building maintenance workers
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors. All the while, providing a myriad of training materials and course designations to choose from.”
Anyone operating or working with a type of aerial power work platform must have proper safety training provided by a "competent" person.
WSG’s course follows federal and provincial legislation for safety training.
This course teaches safety protocols for workers who are required to operate or work on, aerial lifts and work platforms in an industrial environment. Many workplaces require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) before an employee is permitted to operate machinery.
Our course meets the new CSA B354.7 (2017) Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Lift Platforms and Aerial Work Platform devices National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Participants understand applicable legislation & standards following Ont. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments and Ont. Reg. 213/91 for Construction Projects
- Participants can identify hazards associated with & around "Vehicle" mounted and self propelled Aerial Lift and Work Platforms, (ie zoom booms, scissor lifts or Genie Lifts).
- Workers understand how to set up these devices in proper sequence, paying attention to the Work Site & operating procedures
- Cover key points regarding the safe use of equipment and safe work practices
Length: 1 Day (75% Theory and 25% Practical)
On-Site Training: $1695.00 per session (minimum 6 per class). Training uses client's equipment/machinery
Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
Anyone taking this course should have some prior "seat time" and been provided with company safety policy and procedures manual on power equipment and PPE.
Anyone operating these devices is required to have passed the MOL Working at Heights certification training as they are typically working above 3 metres. It is imperative that employers provide this training to ensure the employee is properly qualified to safely operate the specific elevated work platform they are working with. Workplace Safety Group will arrange this 1 day certification course for any unqualified participants before taking this EWP course.
It is imperative that employers provide additional practical training to their employees by a "competent person" to ensure the employee is proficient using specific company owned/leased machinery as well as knowledgeable on safely operating the device.
Available Training Dates
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right to contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
- Legal Requirements under the OHSA, O. Reg 851 and O. Reg. 213/91 as well as Canadian Standards Association (B354.7 (2017) Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Lift Devices)
- Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Workers
- Manufacturers Manuals and Requirements
- Perform pre-operational checks of equipment and Hazard Assessment
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Fall-protection, overhead protection
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspection of Worksite & Surroundings - Pre-Job Safety Analysis
- Hand Signals
- Practical evaluation to ensure proficiency at client workplace
For information on in-house and on-site training options please contact us.
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.