Aerial Lift & Aerial Work Platform Training
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of; "Vehicle" Mounted Aerial Lift Platforms and Aerial Work Platforms. This course will guide you through all aspects of Aerial Lift and Aerial Work Platform safety providing participants with the necessary information covering material such as; the division of responsibilities, information about PPE, as well as equipment inspection and hazard assessment.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation around vehicle mounted aerial work platforms including; scissor lift, Genie & Tele-Ladder:
- Construction Workers
- Building maintenance workers
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors. I would continue to recommend Workplace Safety Group for all of your corporate or support personnel training needs. We will continue to utilize their expertise in both the initial training and re-certifications of our site staff.”
Anyone operating or working with a type of aerial lift/ power work platform must have proper safety training
WSG’s course follows federal and provincial legislations for safety training.
This course teaches safety protocols for workers who are required to operate or work on, aerial lifts and work platforms. Many worksites require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) before an employee is certified to operate machinery.
In Canada, CSA C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Lift Platforms and Aerial Work Platform devices is a National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Participants understand applicable legislation & standards
- Participants can identify hazards associated with & around "Truck" Mounted Aerial Lift and Work Platforms, (ie zoom booms, scissor lifts or Genie Lifts).
- Workers understand how to set up these devices in proper sequence, paying attention to the Job Site & Operating Procedures
- cover key points regarding the safe use of equipment and safe work practices
Length: 1 Day (50% Theory and 50% Practical)
On-Site Training: $1785.00 per session (minimum 6 per class)
Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
Anyone operating these devices is required to be trained on safe use, safety work practices, and operation of equipment.
It is imperative that employers provide practical training to their employees to ensure the employee is proficient while using the machine as well as knowledgeable on safely operating the lift.
Available Training Dates
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right to contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
- Legal Requirements under The OHS Act & Regulations as well as Canadian Standards Association (Code C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices)
- Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Workers
- Perform pre-operational checks of equipment and Hazard Assessment
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Fall-protection, overhead protection
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspection of Worksite & Surroundings
- Hand Signals
- Participants will have an opportunity to inspect, set-up & operate equipment
- Practical evaluation to ensure proficiency
For information on in-house and on-site training options please contact us.
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For on site training pricing on this product, additional compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.