Forklift / Powered Industrial Lift Truck Awareness Safety
Lift trucks accidents are preventable and unacceptable. Their widespread use requires that individuals working on, and around, lift trucks recognize the hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which fork lift trucks are operated. This Awareness program will provide participants with the knowledge on all aspects of Forklift Safety, including pre-operation inspection, hazard recognition and stability. This inclusive course will describe what you need to know, emphasize important points and test your knowledge.
Course meets Occupational Health and Safety guidelines to improve workers’ knowledge of forklift safety in the workplace.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone operating a forklift is required to be trained on safe use and safety work practices
- Yard Workers
- Retail Warehouse Stock Persons and Shop Floor Staff
- JHSC members, and Health & Safety Representatives.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Informative and engaging! Thanks for making health and safety a surprisingly fun experience.”
Our lift-truck training consists of classroom theory, practical hands-on evaluation and a written test. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentation and interactive discussion and reinforced through a workbook and supplementary handouts. In order to receive a certificate of competency the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written test, and he/she must pass a practical evaluation performed at the worker's place of employment within 90 days under the supervision of a "competent person".
Legislative ReferenceOnt. Reg. 213/91 - Construction Projects 96.(1)
Ont. Reg. 851 - Industrial Establishments S.51(2)
Length: 1 Day (75% Theory & 25% Practical)
On-site Groups of 6 to 12: $1,695.00 + cost of practical evaluation Contact our Health & Safety Advisors to arrange for training dates
- OH&S Safety Regulations & Standards
- Lift Truck Fundamentals
- Principles of Stability, Balance & Capacity
- Preventative Maintenance & Procedures (Pre-Operational Inspections)
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe Load Handling Techniques
- Proper Start-up & Shut Down Protocols
- Steering & Control
- Refueling Gasoline, Diesel & LP
- Charging / Changing Industrial Batteries on Electric-Powered Trucks
- It is imperative that employers provide additional practical training to their employees to ensure the employee is qualified as well as knowledgeable on safely operating a forklift.
For information on in-house training options please contact us.
Ready to Book?
For training pricing and available dates call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.