Forklift / Powered Industrial Lift Truck Awareness Safety
This Awareness Course will provide knowledge on all aspects of Forklift Safety, including pre-operation inspection, hazard recognition and stability. This inclusive course will describe what you need to know, emphasize important points and test your knowledge.
This course meets Occupational Health and Safety guidelines to improve workers’ knowledge of forklift safety in the workplace.
Who Should Take This Course
- Yard Workers
- Retail Warehouse Stock Persons and Floor Staff
- JHSC members, and Health & Safety representatives.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors.”
Our lift-truck training consists of classroom theory, practical hands-on evaluation and a written test. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentation and interactive discussion and reinforced through a workbook and supplementary handouts. In order to receive a certificate of competency the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written test, and he/she must pass a practical evaluation performed at the worker's place of employment.
Legislative ReferenceOnt. Reg. 213/91 - Construction Projects 96.(1)
Ont. Reg. 851 - Industrial Establishments s.51(2)
Length: 1 Day (50% Theory & 50% Practical)
On-site Groups of 6 to 12: $1,695.00 Contact our Health & Safety Advisors to arrange for training dates
- Lift Truck Fundamentals
- Principles of Stability, Balance & Capacity
- Preventative Maintenance & Procedures (Pre-Operational Inspections)
- General Rules of the Road
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe Load Handling Techniques
- Proper Start-up & Shut Down Protocols
- Steering & Control
- Refueling Gasoline, Diesel & LP Lift Trucks
- Charging / Changing Industrial Batteries on Electric-Powered Trucks
- Designations for Powered Industrial Trucks
- OH&S Safety Regulations & Standards
- Anyone operating a forklift is required to be trained on safe use, safety work practices, and operation of equipment.
It is imperative that employers provide additional practical training to their employees to ensure the employee is qualified as well as knowledgeable on safely operating a forklift.
For information on in-house training options or for groups larger than 6, please contact us.
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For on site training pricing on this product, additional compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.