Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Prevention for Managers
Bill 132 on Sexual Violence and Harassment in the Workplace increases employer responsibilities...Are You Prepared? Let us guide you through the changes and educate your staff.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
Owners, Managers, Supervisors, Forepersons, JHSC Members and Health & Safety Representatives
All workplace parties need to gain an understanding of their duties and responsibilities under the law.
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
Workshop OverviewUnder Bill 132, (Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act), employers have new and additional obligations to take all necessary measures to prevent and eliminate all risks of sexual violence and harassment in the workplace. The specific ways in which these changes affect you include:
- Having a recently updated risk assessment
- Having a recently updated policy on violence in the workplace which includes sexual violence and harassment
- Having a recently updated program outlining provisions for action if employees experience or encounter violence and/or harassment
- Ensuring your JHSC members or Health and Safety Representatives have been included in the update or development of all sexual violence and harassment policies and programs
- Having a go-to third party that can help ensure compliance, as well as act as an investigator in the event of an MOL order to do so
Length: 2 hour Overview
For in-house options, please Contact Us for In-House Options
Training at client location by arrangement.
This 2-3 hour course is designed to help you understand and implement compliance with this new legislation.
- Learn how to develop and publicize a sexual harassment policy that clearly states sexual harassment will not be tolerated and that explains what types of conduct will be considered sexual harassment.
- Learn how to prepare and update your Risk Assessment.
- Recognize what constitutes sexual harassment, its negative impacts, and the importance of having a sexual harassment policy
- Learn what steps you must take when a complaint is received.
- Record keeping and communication
- Training employees
- Failure to comply
- Third party MOL ordered investigations
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.