Preventing Slips, Trips & Falls

The majority (66%) of falls happen on the same level resulting from slips and trips. The remaining 34% are falls from a height. The course focuses on the two most common types of falls: falls at the same level and falls on stairs. These fall hazards exist in most workplaces including offices, service sector, manufacturing, agri-business, and construction.

Who Should Take This Course?

All workers, managers, supervisors, and health and safety committee members must be aware of slip, trip and fall hazards in their workplaces.

What our Participants Are Saying

  • “Informative and engaging! Thanks for making health and safety a surprisingly fun experience.”
    - Britney B. | St. Catharines

Course Overview

Falls from slips and trips are common workplace occurrences that can result in serious injuries and disabilities.

This course offers guidance on how to prevent injuries from slips, trips or falls from the same level. It provides participants with practical information, tips and examples to help them understand the causes of falls, and to take appropriate preventive measures.

  • Basic cause of falls
  • How slips and trips occur
  • Roles of floor surfaces, stairs, walkways, housekeeping, obstructions, spills, and outdoor issues
  • Worker and employer responsibilities
  • Prevention of slip and trip hazards on surfaces and floors
  • Prevention of slip and trip hazards on stairs

This course does not cover falls from heights or situations such as working on ladders. Falls from heights are covered in our Working at Height Course which is mandated by the MOL for workers working at 3 metres and higher.

Course Details

Length: 2-½ hrs
Price: On-site training for minimum group of 8 - $65.00 per person, call 1-866-347-7707

Next Dates

Our safety team will work with you to schedule and coordinate onsite instructor-led training that is customized to your specific requirements. Speak to us today for more information on customized training.

Course Objectives

  • Understand the causes of slip, trip and fall accidents
  • Understand the importance of preventing falls
  • Understand how good housekeeping practices and methods help prevent falls

Preventing Slips, Trips & Falls, Workplace Safety Group


Contact us for Details and/or Pricing

For on site training pricing on this product, additional compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707

CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.

Get an evaluation of your workplace and get on track with safety and compliance.