Two-Way Radio Communication
A two-way radio is a radio that can both transmit and receive, unlike a broadcast radio which only receives content. A two-way radio allows the operator to have a conversation with other similar radios operating on the same radio channel. Two-way radios are available in mobile, stationary base and hand-held portable configurations. There are universal terminology and language (OPP 10 codes) which must be understood to communicate using these devices.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Users of mobile and portable radios require training on their units to understand basic operation and use of Protocols
- Dispatchers require training to understand basic operation, features, functions and terminology
- Fleet trucking companies, security patrol companies, Highway construction and maintenance companies, municipalities,
- Shipping terminals, shunt yards
- Management personnel require training on the application of equipment, correct language usage
What Our Learners Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
This course provides two-way radio users with an introduction to types of radios, a review of the radio’s basic functionality and use of their radios.
Through facilitation, users learn radio voice procedures, radio voice technique and "How to Say it"
- Length: ½ Day
- Price: On Site training price $1,225.00 per group of 12. Call for available dates and details
- Theory & Practical Training
Course Material Provided
Participants Manual and laminated tip sheet of correct language and codes to be kept in driver cabin or cab.
On-Site Training Solutions
Our safety team will work with you to schedule and coordinate onsite, instructor-led training that is customized to your specific site requirements, operator experience levels and equipment. Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for more information and Training Dates.
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.