Two-Way Radio Communication
A two-way radio is a radio that can both transmit and receive, unlike a broadcast radio which only receives content. A two-way radio allows the operator to have a conversation with other similar radios operating on the same radio channel. Two-way radios are available in mobile, stationary base and hand-held portable configurations. There are universal terminology and language (OPP 10 codes) which must be understood to communicate using these devices.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Users of mobile and portable radios require training on their units to understand basic operation and use of Protocols
- Dispatchers require training to understand basic operation, features, functions and terminology
- Fleet trucking companies, security patrol companies, Highway construction and maintenance companies, municipalities,
- Shipping terminals, shunt yards
- Management personnel require training on the application of equipment, correct language usage
What Our Learners Are Saying
“The staff at Workplace Safety group are very professional and make the training process user friendly which for a large organization benefited us tremendously.”
This course provides two-way radio users with an introduction to types of radios, a review of the radio’s basic functionality and use of their radios.
Through facilitation, users learn radio voice procedures, radio voice technique and "How to Say it"
- Length: ½ Day
- Price: On Site training price $1,225.00 per group of 12. Call for available dates and details
- Theory & Practical Training
Course Material Provided
Participants Manual and laminated tip sheet of correct language and codes to be kept in driver cabin or cab.
On-Site Training Solutions
Our safety team will work with you to schedule and coordinate onsite, instructor-led training that is customized to your specific site requirements, operator experience levels and equipment. Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for more information and Training Dates.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.