Machine Guarding / Lockout-Tagout / Safeguarding
Machine and equipment hazards can result in injuries, amputations and death. This course will assist managers, supervisors, and operators in carrying out their responsibilities for ensuring safety through hazard identification and evaluation, safeguarding, training, and safe operation of machines and equipment.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Workers in manufacturing
- Workers in agriculture and some retail sectors
- Managers and supervisors
- Maintenance and purchasing personnel
- Safety professionals and engineers
- Project managers and safety committee members.
What Our Learners Are Saying
“Workplace Safety Group has continuously supplied our building’s personnel and training needs with qualified and intuitive instructors.”
With this course, your team will learn to avoid costly incidents, prosecutions and fines, property losses and down time. Staff capacity and knowledge are built in the area of recognizing, assessing and controlling exposure to machine hazards with consistency where multiple locations are involved.
After completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate due diligence, and meet your legal duty to train workers; thereby ensuring that the training can be applied.
This course builds your knowledge and understanding by taking you through key elements from assessing hazards and risks, including workers' knowledge, to selecting and applying guards and safety devices.
- Introduction to the legal standard
- Application of the standard - when and where it applies
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Basic concepts and general safety considerations
- Mechanical design application
- Performance requirements
- Application requirements of safeguarding devices
- Additional hazards
- Training requirements
- Length: Half-Day
- Individual Price in a public course: $175.00 plus HST. See top right for on-line registration.
- Call us TF 1.866.347.7707 for February 13th special promotional pricing
- On-site Groups of 6 to 10: $1,050.00 Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for in-house training rates
- Participant Handbook
- Digest version of OH&S Act & Regulations
- Facilitator-led, Powerpoint presentation
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.