Machine Guarding / Lockout-Tagout / Safeguarding
Machine and equipment hazards can result in injuries, amputations and death. This course will assist managers, supervisors, and operators in carrying out their responsibilities for ensuring safety through hazard identification and evaluation, safeguarding, training, and safe operation of machines and equipment.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Workers in manufacturing
- Workers in agriculture and some retail sectors
- Managers and supervisors
- Maintenance and purchasing personnel
- Safety professionals and engineers
- Project managers and safety committee members.
What Our Learners Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
With this course, your team will learn to avoid costly incidents, prosecutions and fines, property losses and down time. Staff capacity and knowledge are built in the area of recognizing, assessing and controlling exposure to machine hazards with consistency where multiple locations are involved.
After completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate due diligence, and meet your legal duty to train workers; thereby ensuring that the training can be applied.
This course builds your knowledge and understanding by taking you through key elements from assessing hazards and risks, including workers' knowledge, to selecting and applying guards and safety devices.
- Introduction to the legal standard
- Application of the standard - when and where it applies
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Basic concepts and general safety considerations
- Mechanical design application
- Performance requirements
- Application requirements of safeguarding devices
- Additional hazards
- Training requirements
On-site Groups of 6 to 16: $1,295.00 Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for in-house training rates
- Participant Handbook
- Digest version of OH&S Act & Regulations
- Facilitator-led, Powerpoint presentation
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For further information on this product, our compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.