JHSC Non-Certified Member
This is a NEW Course
Not every JHSC committee member must be certified. To contribute to the committee’s main role of helping to improve overall workplace health and safety, this full-day course helps non-certified members be knowledgeable and effective in their role without having to take the 5-day certification training.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone who has been appointed, elected or volunteered to be on the JHSC but, who is not a certified member, must still understand the roles, functions and powers of JHSC members.
Important items covered include:
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- What is IRS
- Identify methods to evaluate health of your IRS
- An overview of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA)
- Joint Health and Safety Committees
- R.A.C.E. – Recognize, Assess, Control Hazards and Evaluate
- Identifying hazards
- completing hazard evaluations and making evaluations
- Planned workplace inspections
- Accident investigations
This one-day course empowers non-certified JHSC members to be informed, and valuable members of the committee.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.