Young & New Worker Awareness
Employers are required to provide this health and safety awareness training to every new worker under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Workers are informed about their rights and responsibilities and the importance of workplace safety.
Who Should Take This Course?Everyone. Every new worker in Ontario must receive this training.
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The training was informative and engaging! Thanks for making Health and Safety a surprisingly fun experience."
This training introduces workers to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. It focuses on the health and safety rights of new workers, and responsibilities of supervisors and employers. It also serves as a general introduction to workplace health and safety.
Workers can use this training program as one way to meet the minimum training required by the Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training regulation.
Length: 2 Hours
Individual Price: $65
Groups of 3-5 Discount: 10%
Groups of 6+ Discount: Contact Us For Special In-House Training Rates
More dates coming soon. Check the Calendar for updates.
- Duties & Responsibilities Of The Employer, Worker, & Supervisor
- Three Worker Rights: To Know, Refuse & Participate In Health & Safety
- The Role Of A Health & Safety Rep & JHSC Member
- Learn About Common Hazards & How To Avoid Them
- The Right To Refuse Unsafe Work
- Working Together For Safety
- Resources – Where To Find Health & Safety Information
- The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.