Health & Safety Awareness Training for Supervisors
Effective July 1, 2014, all Ontario employers must ensure that all workers and supervisors have completed a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program. This regulation mandates basic safety awareness training for all supervisors.
Expectations placed on supervisors are always high. Our training workshop breaks down the responsibilities outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act and explains how those responsibilities directly relate to the safety and health of the workers you supervise.
Our course content aligns with the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour, Supervisor Awareness Health & Safety hand book.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of the supervisor’s role
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker, and supervisor
- Discuss the role of the health and safety rep and the JHSC member
- Recognize the importance of working as a team
- Identify how the supervisor fits in the Internal Responsibility System(IRS)
- Support the rights of workers
- Explain the role of the WSIB and Ministry of Labour
- Explain how to Recognize, Assess, Control, and Evaluate hazards (RACE)
- Handle health and safety concerns
- Bill 132 - Sexual Harassment and Violence in the workplace
- How to obtain health and safety assistance
- Identify health and safety resources
- Motivate employees to work safely
Length: 1/2 day
Individual Price: $65.00
Groups of 6+: Contact us For Rates & In-House Options
Please check the Course Dates drop down box at top right for dates.
Other courses you may also be interested in:
- Accident Investigations
- Workplace Inspections
- Due Diligence
- Health, Safety & the Law
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.