Working at Heights Re-Certification
Employers must ensure that all certified "Working at Heights" workers, who are required to use fall protection, complete a mandatory 4-½ hour refresher training course every three years. Refresher training can be achieved by successfully completing the working at Heights Practical module in accordance with the criteria set out set out by the Chief Prevention Officer. Successful completion of the refresher training will re-validate a learners working at heights training for another three-year period from the date of successful completion of the refresher. Learners must have previously successfully completed both theoretical and practical modules of an approved Working at Heights training program to be eligible for refresher training.
Who Must Take This Course?
After the three year period, refresher training must be taken by all certified "Working at Heights" workers. Workers will be able to renew their Working at Heights certification by successfully completing this CPO-approved half-day “refresher” training program, delivered by our CPO approved trainer.
Falls happen all too often and are the leading cause of fatalities at work. The refresher course reinforces and reminds workers about safe work practices and procedures as specified in the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. The practical component includes;
- PPE - Donning & Doffing
- Barriers, Safety Nets and other Fixed Equipment
- Travel Restraint, Fall Restriction and Fall Arrest Systems and Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Work Platforms
- Rescue Planning and on-site First Aid for a fallen worker
Length: 4-½ Hours
Individual Price: $99.00
Groups: On-site training options for groups larger than 6, please contact us.
- The training is valid for three years from the date of successful completion of the Working at Heights CPO approved program.
- All leaners must show proof of original certification and photo ID. Training includes, participant workbooks, a written test and record of training report.
- This program meets the requirements of Regulation 297/13 and the Working at Heights Training Standard.
- Workplace Safety Group delivers Langlois Safety Training and Consulting Services Working at Heights Recertification Training, approved by the Chief Prevention Officer of Ontario (CPO).
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.