NEW Working at Heights Re-Certification - Starting Late November
Employers must ensure that all certified "Working at Heights" workers, who are required to use fall protection, complete a mandatory 4-½ hour refresher training course every three years. Refresher training can be achieved by successfully completing the Working at Heights Practical module in accordance with the criteria set out set out by the Chief Prevention Officer. Successful completion of the refresher training will re-validate a learners working at heights training for another three-year period from the date of successful completion of the refresher. Learners must have previously successfully completed both theoretical and practical modules of an approved Working at Heights training program to be eligible for refresher training.
Who Must Take This Course?
After the three year period, refresher training must be taken by all certified "Working at Heights" workers. Workers will be able to renew their Working at Heights certification by successfully completing this CPO-approved half-day “refresher” training program, delivered by our CPO approved trainer.
Falls happen all too often and are the leading cause of fatalities at work. The refresher course reinforces and reminds workers about safe work practices and procedures as specified in the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. The practical component includes;
- PPE - Donning & Doffing
- Barriers, Safety Nets and other Fixed Equipment
- Travel Restraint, Fall Restriction and Fall Arrest Systems and Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Work Platforms
- Rescue Planning and on-site First Aid for a fallen worker
Length: 4-½ Hours. Saturday mourning classes available on request
Open Enrollment Price: $89.00 per person
Groups: 8 to 48 needing on-site training: Contact us for Special Rates - TF 1.866.347.7707
- The training is valid for three years from the date of successful completion of the Working at Heights CPO approved program.
- All learners must show proof of original certification and photo ID. Training includes, participant workbooks, a written test and record of training report.
- Should you not be able to provide proper identification WSG may refuse you access to the classroom and you will not receive a refund.
- If you do not have your CPO issued card call 1.877.202.0008 and ask for your learner number
- This program meets the requirements of O. Reg. 297/13 and the Working at Heights Training Standard.
- This course is approved by the Chief Prevention Officer of Ontario (CPO).
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.