Competency Training for Supervisors
Popular Course Requested by Our Clients
In a progressive move the Ministry of Labour introduced Supervisor Awareness in 5 Steps training in 2014. This mandated training gives those in a supervisory position a basic understanding on how to carry out their roles.
The Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) defines a supervisor as “a person who has charge of a workplace or authority over a worker”. With the high expectations and legal responsibilities that come with the supervisory position, supervisors must be equipped to carry out their roles to meet MOL guidelines competently. [OHSA S. 27.(1)(2)]
Competence comes from a combination of knowledge, training and experience to organize the work and how it is to be performed, and performed safely.
Workplace Safety Group training covers more than the basic awareness training.
You have appointed supervisors with experience and knowledge, now be certain that they receive the necessary training to prepare them to be "competent" for their duties and responsibilities.
- Navigating the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA)
- Learn & Understand the roles of the Ministry of Labour (MOL) & WSIB
- The supervisor’s role within the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Explaining R. A .C. E. – Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling & Evaluating hazards
- Duties, Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of employers, supervisors & workers
- Role & Function of the JHSC member or the Health & Safety Rep
- Work Refusal Process
- Finding resources to assist with health and safety concerns
- Showing workers why safety is important
- The supervisor’s toolkit
- This course incorporates the Supervisor Awareness in 5 Steps mandated training
Who should take this course:
- Length: 6.5 hours approx.
- Individual Price in a public course:** $295.00 plus HST. See top right for on-line registration.
- Groups: For on-site training $1,750.00 plus HST. Call 1.866.347.7707 and speak to one of our safety professionals
**Please note that we must have a subscription of a minimum of 6 participants for this course
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.