Truck Mounted Crane (less than 8 ton), Bucket Truck
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of Mobile Cranes(less than 8 tonne), Boom Trucks and "Vehicle" Mounted Lifting Devices. This awareness course provides participants with the necessary information so that "Competent" Operators and Workers can safely work around these devices safely.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation of, or working around a; mobile crane (under 8 ton), bucket truck, or vehicle mounted lifting devices
- High-Reach storage warehouses
- Construction Workers
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The training was informative and engaging! Thanks for making Health and Safety a surprisingly fun experience."
Anyone operating a type of aerial lift must have proper safety training. This course teaches safety protocols for workers who are required to operate power aerial lifts. Many worksites require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) before an employee is certified to operate machinery.
WSG’s course follows federal and provincial legislations for safety training.
In Canada, CSA C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices is a National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Participants understand applicable legislation & Standards
- Legal responsibilities of the employer, supervisor and operator
- Participants can identify hazards associated with & around Mobile Cranes and Aerial Lift Platforms
- Safe Rigging & Hoisting
- Workers understand how to set up a Mobile Crane, Bucket Truck, or Aerial Lift device in proper sequence, paying attention to the Job Site & Operating Procedures
Length: 1 Day (50% Theory and 50% Practical)
On-Site Training: $1785.00 per session (minimum 6 per class)
Contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
Anyone operating a these devices is required to be trained on safe use, safety work practices, and operation of equipment as well as having passed the MOL Working at Heights certification training. It is imperative that employers provide this practical training to their employees to ensure the employee is qualified as well as knowledgeable on safely operating the specific equipment they are working with.
Available Training Dates
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right to contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
- Legal Requirements under The OHS Act & Regulations
- Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Workers
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Hazard Analysis
- Fall-protection, overhead protection
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspection of Worksite & Surroundings
- Hand Signals
- Safe Rigging Practices
- Participants will have an opportunity to inspect, set-up & operate equipment
- Practical evaluation to ensure proficiency
- You will NOT learn how to operate these pieces of equipment. This is awareness training so that workers can work safely around such equipment
For information on in-house and on-site training options please contact us.
Contact us for Details and/or Pricing
For further information on this product, our compliance training programs, or consulting services, feel free to contact us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all cancellations.