Bucket Truck/Aerial Lift Awareness Training
Every year, workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of Bucket Trucks, and "Vehicle" Mounted Lifting Devices (less than 8 tonne). This awareness course provides participants with the necessary information so that "Competent" Operators and Workers can safely work around these devices safely.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation of, or working around a; bucket truck, mobile crane (under 8 tonne, and vehicle mounted lifting devices/elevated work platforms.
- Construction workers working on uneven terrain
Anyone operating a type of Elevated Work Platform must have proper safety training. This course teaches safety protocols for workers who are required to operate and work around power aerial lifts. NOTE: Many worksites may require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) provided by the employer before an employee is certified to operate machinery.
WSG’s course follows federal and provincial legislation for safety training. In Canada, CSA C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices is a National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects & Industrial Establishments
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Participants understand applicable Legislation & Standards
- Legal Responsibilities of the constructor, employer, supervisor and worker
- Participants can identify hazards associated with & around Mobile Cranes, Aerial Lift Platforms and Material Handling
- Safety before, during and after operation
- Workers understand how to set up a Mobile Crane, Bucket Truck, or Aerial Lift device in proper sequence, paying attention to the Job Site & Manufacturer's Operating Procedures
Length: 1 Day (75% Theory and 25% Practical)
On-Site Training: $1785.00 per session (maximum 12 per class). Weekend dates available to minimize disruption to production
Anyone operating these devices in Construction is required to have passed the MOL Working at Heights certification training as they are typically working above 3 metres. It is imperative that employers provide this training to ensure the employee is qualified as well as knowledgeable on safely operating the specific equipment they are working with. Workplace Safety Group will arrange this 1 day certification course for any unqualified participants.
Available Training Dates
Go to the "Registration Options" panel at right to contact our Health & Safety Advisors for In-House Training Arrangements
- Legal Requirements under The OHS Act & Regulations
- Duties of Constructors, Employers, Supervisors & Workers
- Perform pre-operational, pre-shift inspections
- Hazard Analysis specific to the environment
- Fall-protection, overhead protection
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (safe mount and dismount)
- Inspection of Worksite & Surroundings
- Hand Signals (A review only)
- Basics of Rigging and Hoisting (A review only)
- Traffic/Pedestrian Control
- Workers understand how to set up a Bucket Truck, or Aerial Lift device in proper sequence, paying attention to the job site
- Practical evaluation to ensure proficiency (Optional requested Item, not included as part of standard package)
- You will NOT learn how to operate these pieces of equipment. This is awareness training so that workers can work safely around such equipment
- We have two versions of this course
- Construction Projects
- Industrial Establishments-Refer to our EWP product page
For information on in-house and on-site training options please contact us.
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.