Seasonal Worker Awareness
Employers are required to provide this health and safety awareness training to every new and seasonal worker under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Workers are informed about their rights and responsibilities and the importance of workplace safety.
Who Should Take This Course?Everyone. Every new worker in Ontario must receive this training.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
This training introduces workers to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. It focuses on the health and safety rights of new workers, and responsibilities of supervisors and employers. It also serves as a general introduction to workplace health and safety.
Course DetailsLength: 2 Hours
Groups: Contact Us For Special In-House Training Rates
- Duties & Responsibilities Of The Employer, Worker, & Supervisor
- Three Worker Rights: To Know, Participate & Refuse In Health & Safety
- The Role of a Health & Safety Rep. & JHSC Member in the Workplace
- Learn About Common Hazards & How To Avoid Them
- The Right To Refuse Unsafe Work
- Working Together For Safety
- Resources – Where To Find Health & Safety Information
- The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.