Supervisor Competency Training
Most Frequent Course Requested by Our Clients
The Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) defines a supervisor as “a person who has charge of a workplace or authority over a worker”. With the high expectations and legal responsibilities that come with the supervisory position, supervisors must be equipped to carry out their roles to meet MLTSD guidelines competently. [OHSA S. 27.(1)(2)]
In a progressive move the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development introduced Supervisor Awareness in 5 Steps training in 2014. This mandated training gives those in a supervisory position or new to a supervisory position a basic understanding on how to carry out their roles.
You have appointed supervisors with experience and knowledge, now be certain that they receive the necessary training to prepare them to be "competent" for their duties and responsibilities.
Learning ObjectivesWorkplace Safety Group designed this course to cover more than the basic awareness training as outlined in the Act [OHSA.27.(1)(2)]. It provides your supervisors with a knowledge base and robust tools to be effective in carrying out their roles as well as ensuring your due diligence and compliance with the OH&S Act & Regulations.
- Identify the importance of the supervisor's role
- Duties, Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of employers, supervisors & workers
- Navigating the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations (Reg. 213/91 for Construction Projects and Reg. 851 for Industrial Establishments)
- Learn & Understand the roles of the MLTSD & WSIB
- The supervisor’s role within the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Explaining R. A. C. E. – Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling & Evaluating hazards
- Understanding Due Diligence
- Role & Function of the JHSC member or the Health & Safety Rep.
- Work Refusal Process
- Finding resources to assist with health and safety concerns
- Showing workers why safety is important (culture building)
- The supervisor’s toolkit
This course incorporates the Supervisor Awareness in 5 Steps MLTSD mandated training.
Who should take this course:
- Lead Hands/Shift Leads
- Length: 6.5 hours approx.
- Individual Price: $295.00 + HST. See top right corner of page for on-line registration wizard. (Please note that we must have a subscription of 6 participants per session). We accept VISA & Master Card. Corporate accounts welcome.
- Groups 6-12: For on site training - $1,750.00 + HST.
- Our instructors come to your workplace - any shift including weekends - making this an ideal option for group training.
- For more information please email our Customer Care Advisor or call us at 1.866.347.7707
- Participant's Manual plus a guide book
- 2020 OHS&A "Green Book"
- Numerous sample forms available
Other Recommended Courses
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.