Confined Space Hazard Awareness | Industrial | Construction
This Confined Space/Hazard Awareness Course will guide you through aspects of working in a confined space, including entry and exit, safe work practices, 911 activation rescue procedures, and the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be planned and safely carried out.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course should be provided to all workers in a workplace that contains a confined space. It meets the requirement for Awareness and Operational Level training for Entrant workers, Attendants and Supervisors in accordance with the requirements of the OHSA and Confined Space Regulations.
- All Workers operating around and within a Confined Space according to the OH& S Act and Regulation
- Entrant Workers & New Employees
- Crew Attendants
- Site Supervisors/Forepersons
- Contract Administrator staff
What Our Participants Are Saying
This course identifies the characteristics of a confined space, describes the risks and hazards associated with working in a confined space, and covers prescribed methods for controlling those risks. Participants will gain knowledge on best practices and procedures to prevent and avoid possible incidents, as well as steps to follow when responding to an actual confined space incident.
- How to recognize & identify a Confined Space
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognizing different types of Confined Spaces
- OHSA defined Roles & Responsibilities for Supervisors & Workers who work around & within Confined Spaces
- Identifying & assessing hazards associated with Confined Spaces
- Steps to control & minimize Hazards
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Understanding the permit system
- NOTE: Emergency extraction training is NOT part of the course agenda
Length: 1 Day (70% Theory and 30% Practical) @ 8:30am to 4:30pm
On-site Groups of 8 to 12: $1,795.00 + HST (additional learners over 8 is $75.00 per)
Contact one of our Safety Advisors for On-Site training arrangements 1.866.347.77
All necessary training equipment is provided
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.