Due Diligence for Managers & Supervisors
Due Diligence training helps ensure that preventive actions are a part of every activity in any type of workplace, whether it be an office, a manufacturing facility or healthcare environment.
Who Should Take This Course?
When an accident occurs, business owners must be able to prove that “every precaution reasonable” was taken to protect workers. Failure to do so can leave you open to liability. Such liability may lead to fines and even imprisonment. It's simply not worth the risk.
This course benefits:
- Business owners to ensure they understand the duties of their team.
- New managers and supervisors to gain awareness.
- Experienced managers and supervisors to enhance competency.
- Anyone who directs the work of others.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Informative and engaging! Thanks for making health and safety a surprisingly fun experience.”
Owners, Managers and Supervisors will gain a fundamental understanding of their duties and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Exercising Due Diligence proves accountability and responsibility in effectively managing health and safety; thereby, reducing risks to your company's reputation and bottom line. Failure to prove that “every precaution reasonable” to protect workers was taken can lead to fines and even imprisonment.
To exercise Due Diligence, an employer must have a plan to identify potential workplace hazards, and carry out appropriate corrective actions to prevent accidents or injuries that may arise from these hazards.
Another course of interest for your management team would be our Supervisor Competency Training
Length: 4 Hours
Price in open course:** $195.00 + HST. We accept Visa and Master Card | Corporate account welcome.
See top right for on-line registration wizard.
**Please note that 6 participants per public session required
Groups: For on-site training $1,100.00 + HST per session. Call 519-870-6930 and speak to one of our safety advisors.
Next Open Course Dates
Go to the "ON-Line Registration" wizard at right for upcoming class dates.
Course ContentThis course covers aspects of Due Diligence including:
- Definition of the Due Diligence,("General Duty Clause")
- The use of Due Diligence as a legal defense
- Legal responsibilities of owners, employers, supervisors and managers
- Explain the Internal Responsibility System
- Hazard/Risk assessment
- Programs, policies and procedures requirements
- Worker training requirements
- Need for workplace inspections
- Need for proper documentation
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.