The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is now aligned with the worldwide hazard communication system known as GHS – the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals. It is a comprehensive system for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling or storage in Canadian workplaces.
The key elements of the system are hazard identification and product classification, cautionary labelling, the provision of safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education and training.
Who Should Take This Course?All individuals, in any type of work environment, who may be exposed to chemical, biological and physical agents, must be trained to understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products used or stored at their facility. They must have an understanding of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
- The new Hazardous Products Regulations
- OHSA Regulations with regards to Hazardous/Toxic substances
- OHSA Duties and Responsibilities of Employer, Supervisor and Worker
- Review format of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- New Labeling requirements
- New Pictograms
- PPE requirements
- 911 Activation
- Custom WHMIS training is available for specialized groups such as Health Service Operators, Retirement Homes, Agri-Business
- It is recommended that WHMIS refresher training be taken every three years
Course Fees:Length: 2.0 hours
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.