Confined Space Hazard Awareness | Industrial | Construction
This Confined Space Hazard Awareness Course will guide you through aspects of working in a confined space, including entry and exit, safe work practices, 911 activation rescue procedures, and the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be planned and safely carried out.
Who Should Take This Course?This course should be provided to all workers in a workplace that contains a confined space. It meets the requirement for Awareness and Operational Level training for Entrant workers, Attendants and Supervisors.
- All Workers operating around and within Confined Spaces according to the OHSA
- Entrant Workers & New Employees
- Crew Attendants
- Site Supervisors/Forepersons
- Contract Administrator staff
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The instructor was fun, fair and fabulous and kept the class very interested! Was a good experience. I would enjoy being in any of his future classes."
This course identifies the characteristics of a confined space, describes the risks and hazards associated with working in a confined space, and covers prescribed methods for controlling those risks. Participants will gain knowledge on best practices and procedures to prevent and avoid possible incidents, as well as steps to follow when responding to an actual confined space incident.
Course information covers the definition and recognition of a confined space and explains the documentation requirements pertaining to confined space work, giving the student the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be carried out safely
Course DetailsLength: 1 Day (60% Theory and 40% Practical) @ 8:30am to 4:30pm
On-site Groups of 8 to 12: $1,795.00 + HST (additional learners over 8 is $75.00 per)
- How to recognize & identify a Confined Space
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognizing different types of Confined Spaces
- Roles & Responsibilities for Supervisors & Workers who work around & within Confined Spaces according to the OHSA
- Identifying & assessing hazards associated with Confined Spaces
- Steps to control & minimize Hazards
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Understanding the permit system
- Practical component in our Confined Space Simulator weather permitting
- Emergency extraction training is NOT part of the course agenda
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.