EWP Awareness Training | Scissor/Snorkel Lift
Every year, hundreds of workers are injured or killed while operating or working in the vicinity of; stationary, self-propelled and boom type PEWPs. This course will guide you through all aspects of Aerial Lift and Elevated Work Platform safety providing participants with the necessary information covering material such as; the division of responsibilities, information about PPE, as well as equipment inspection and hazard assessment.
Who Should Take This Course?Anyone involved in the operation stationary and vehicle mounted aerial work platforms including; scissor lift, Genie, zoom boom, bucket & Tele-Ladder:
- Construction Workers
- Building maintenance workers
"The instructor was fun, fair and fabulous and kept the class very interested! Was a good experience. I would enjoy being in any of his future classes."
Anyone operating or working with a type of aerial power work platform must have through understanding of OHSA, duties, operational awareness, hazard awareness and risk assessment which is provided in our theory segment. A practical safety evaluation at end of class is accomplished was a joint effort using client selected "competent person" under direction of a WSG Trainer on clients' onsite machinery.
This course teaches safety protocols for workers who are required to operate or work on, aerial lifts and work platforms in an industrial environment. Many workplaces require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) before an employee is permitted to operate machinery.
Our course meets the new CSA B354.7 (2017) Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Lift Platforms and Aerial Work Platform devices National Standards of Canada standard as shown in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
The objective of this course is to ensure:
- Participants understand applicable legislation & standards following Ont. Reg. 851 for Industrial Establishments and Ont. Reg. 213/91 for Construction Projects
- Participants can identify hazards associated with & around "Vehicle" mounted and self propelled Aerial Lift and Work Platforms, (ie zoom booms, scissor lifts or Genie Lifts).
- Workers understand how to set up these devices in proper sequence, paying attention to the Work Site & operating procedures
- Cover key points regarding the safe use of equipment and safe work practices
Length: 5 hour classroom training session followed by a 30 minute practical operating session
Price | On-Site Training Only: $1,395.00 per session (max. 12 learners per). - our instructors come to your workplace - weekdays, weeknights and weekends - making this an ideal option for group training. Training uses client's equipment/machinery
Contact one of our Safety Advisors for In-House or On-Site Training Arrangements
Anyone taking this course should have some prior "seat time" and been provided with your company's Safety Policy and Safe Operation Procedures manual on power equipment and PPE.
A prerequisite for anyone operating these devices is required to have passed the MLTSD Working at Heights certification or Fall Protection training (provide proof) as they are typically working above 3 metres. It is imperative that employers provide this training to ensure the employee is properly qualified to safely operate the specific elevated work platform they are working with. Workplace Safety Group will arrange this 1 day certification course for any unqualified participants before taking this EWP course.
It is imperative that employers provide additional practical training to their employees by a "competent person" to ensure the employee is proficient using specific company owned/leased machinery as well as knowledgeable on safely operating the device.
- Legal Requirements under the OHSA, O. Reg 851 and O. Reg. 213/91 as well as Canadian Standards Association S. B354.7 (2017)
- Duties of Employers, Supervisor, Operators & Workers
- Manufacturers Manuals and Requirements
- Perform pre-operational checks of equipment
- Stabilizer systems
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspection of Worksite & Surroundings - Pre-Job Safety Analysis and Hazard Assessment
- Pedestrian Safety
- Practical evaluation to ensure proficiency
For information on in-house and on-site training options please contact us.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.