Advanced First Aid with CPR & AED | WSIB Approved
|Number of Employees per Shift||Type of Certificate||First Aid Kit|
|5 or fewer||Emergency First Aid||Ontario 1 - Reg. 1101 s.8(1)|
|6-15||Standard First Aid||Ontario 2 - Reg. 1101 s.9(1)|
|16-200||Standard First Aid||Ontario 3 - Reg. 1101 s.10(1)|
Our Perri-Med trained facilitators(WSIB approved) provide hands-on training using a step-by-step method of learning which improves the learners retention of skills and improves their confidence level and their ability to respond in an actual emergency. Rest assured that our learners will be able to effectively take charge and use their skills in an emergency situation.
STANDARD FIRST AID WITH CPR & AED - 14 Hours
SFA is a complete 2-day course during which candidates will learn all the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to a medical emergency in the workplace or job site. A prompt and effective response can save a live, reduce "lost time off" due to workplace injuries thus resulting in lower costs. This certification meets the requirements of the Canada Labour Code, and WSIB standards for workplaces in Ontario with 6 or more employees.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- be knowledgeable about applicable legislation
- activating 911 emergency plans
- scene survey
- apply crisis intervention techniques
- patient assessment
- identify communicable diseases
- identify and deal with choking and respiratory emergencies
- recognize symptoms of heart attack and stroke
- CPR skills (Level A) and Automated External Defibrillator Activation
- recognize symptoms of shock and how to treat
- check for bleeding wounds and apply triage
- check for broken bones
- react to poisoning
- heat and cold injuries
100% attendance, written exam with minimum 75% passing grade
3-year certification in First Aid + CPR. This certification meets the requirements of the Canada Labour Code, and WSIB standards for workplaces in Ontario with more than 5 employees.
Re-CERTIFICATION:Is required every 3 years-5-6 hours
- Successful candidates receive a Standard First Aid wallet card and wall certificate valid for three years, and a CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) wallet card valid for 1 year (public) or 3 years (corporate, non health care). Level B or C CPR is available at extra cost.
- First Aid/CPR Manual
- Wallet Certification Card for candidate and Wall Certificate for employer Health & Safety Board
WSG has the right training solution for you, whether it be participation in a public course or onsite training. (Minimum of 8 participants per class required). Two Day Course $165.00/pp
For Group Rates or OnSite training call us Toll Free at 519-870-6930 for an estimate. One of our safety associates will help you with the right selection for your needs.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.