Forklift / Lift Truck Safe Operation Awareness (Industrial-Agri)
Lift trucks accidents are preventable and unacceptable. Their widespread use requires that individuals working on, and around, lift trucks recognize the hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which fork lift trucks are operated. This Awareness program will provide participants with the knowledge on all aspects of Forklift Safety, including pre-operation inspection, hazard recognition and stability. This inclusive course will describe what you need to know, emphasize important points and test your knowledge.
Course meets Occupational Health and Safety guidelines to improve workers’ knowledge of forklift safety in the workplace.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone with an occupational requirement to understand the safe operation and safety work practices of a forklift
- Supervisors, Yard Workers & Labours
- Retail Warehouse Stock Persons and Shop Floor Staff
- Agri-business workers
- Adult Beverage plant workers
- JHSC members, and Health & Safety Representatives.
What Our Participants Are Saying
"The instructor was fun, fair and fabulous and kept the class very interested! Was a good experience. I would enjoy being in any of his future classes."
Our lift-truck awareness training consists of classroom theory, practical review evaluation and a written test. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentation and interactive discussion and reinforced through a workbook and supplementary handouts. In order to receive a certificate the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written test and practical demonstration. He/she must pass a practical evaluation performed at the worker's place of employment under the supervision of a "competent person".
Legislative ReferenceO. Reg. 851 - Industrial Establishments S.51(2) O. Reg. 213/91 - Construction Projects 96.(1)
Length: 1 Day - 7.5 hrs (75% Theory & 25% Practical)
On-site Groups of 6 to 12: $1,195.00 + cost of a practical evaluation Contact our Health & Safety Advisors to arrange for training dates at your facility
- Know your legal responsibilities in forklift operation;
- Lift Truck Fundamentals
- Preventative Maintenance & Procedures
- To recognize hazards associated with forklift truck operation and to recommend or suggest solutions
- Safe Load Handling Techniques | Principles of Stability, Balance & Capacity
- Proper Start-up & Shut Down Protocols
- Steering & Control
- Identify different fuel sources and hazards associated with them
- A Pump Truck module can be added on at client request
- It is imperative that employers provide additional practical training to their employees to ensure the employee is qualified as well as knowledgeable on safely operating a forklift.
Need more Information?
Contact one of our Health Safety Advisors via email or call us Toll Free 1.866.347.7707
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 5 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.