Joint Health & Safety Committee Classroom Training | PART I
Certification is a two-part process. Part 1, Basic Training, provides an understanding of the fundamentals of health and safety legislation and concludes with a Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) standardized test.
Who Should Take This Course?All Ontario employers, having 20 or more regularly employed workers, must have a Joint Health and Safety Committee comprised of at least two certified members, one member representing workers and one member representing management. Supervisors, managers, new committee members and anyone participating in a health and safety role are candidates for JHSC certification. It is recommended that all committee members be certified.
What Our Participants Are Saying
Course OverviewJHSC Part 1, Basic Training, is a mandatory 3-day course that instructs participants in health, safety and the law and how to recognize and control hazards using the RACE methodology for 'R'ecognizing, 'A'ssessing, 'C'ontrolling and 'E'valuating workplace hazards.
JHSC members learn about their rights, roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). This knowledge supports an organization’s Internal Responsibility System (IRS), the fundamental principle of the OHSA.
Upon completion, members will be able to summarize key JHSC Part 1 concepts, describe the process of RACE and apply its’ principles to the hazard modules covered in Part 2 training, as well as submit recommendations for a health and safety action plan to improve worker safety.
- The Role of a Certified Member
- The Roles of Workplace Parties
- Rights, Duties & Legal Requirements for the JHSC & Committee Members
- How an Effective JHSC Works
- How to Identify & Access Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
- Basic Rights, Responsibilities, & Training Requirements for Workplace Parties
- Hazard kinds, recognition, assessments, analysis, control
- Basic Process of R.A.C.E.
- Process of Workplace Inspections
- Requirements for Accident Investigations
Length: 3 Days
Delivery: We offer three delivery options
- Public Classroom (The in-class option will be available once training facilities are accessible and allow for adherence to all public health guidelines.)
- Virtual Classroom (starting end of July) Single or Group. For further details about this Distance Learning please call us at 1.866.347.7707
- Private delivery is available for employees in your workplace, .
Individual Price: $450.00 + HST.
To register please refer to our on-line registration wizard at top right corner of pager or call us at 1.866.347.7707. Please note that we must have a subscription of 6 participants for classroom sessions.
Groups: Contact our Customer Care Advisors for Group Rates or on-site instruction.
Payment: Due at time of reservation. We accept VISA and Master Card and corporate accounts are welcome.
Additional JHSC Certification Requirement
In order to become a fully certified member, participants are required to take an additional two-day JHSC Part II Hazard-Specific Training' within 6 months of completing Part One.
Course ProviderWorkplace Safety Group offers this Chief Prevention Officer approved Mentor Safety Program that is delivered to you by an approved Mentor Safety instructor. All instructors have successfully completed and maintained Quality Assurance protocol as per the Mentor Quality Assurance Plan. PRO34577.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.