Virtual Joint Health & Safety Committee Certification | PART I
The JHSC Part One virtual course incorporates all requirements of Ontario’s Chief Prevention Officer-approved training to achieve certification, and after completion of the Part Two component. (The Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development has allowed a period of 12 months to complete Part Two.)
Our JHSC virtual classroom is a live teaching and learning environment where participants interact, communicate, view and discuss the presentation, and engage with the instructor using the supplementary learning resources sent to you, all in an online setting. The medium is through a video conferencing application that allows multiple users to be connected at the same time through Microsoft Teams.
Who Should Take This Course?All Ontario employers, having 20 or more regularly employed workers, must have a Joint Health and Safety Committee comprised of at least two certified members, one member representing workers and one member representing management. Supervisors, managers, new committee members and anyone participating in a health and safety role are candidates for JHSC certification. It is recommended that all committee members be certified.
What Our Participants Are Saying
JHSC Part 1, Basic Training, is a mandatory 3-day course that instructs participants in health, safety and the law and how to recognize and control hazards using the RACE methodology for 'R'ecognizing, 'A'ssessing, 'C'ontrolling and 'E'valuating workplace hazards.
JHSC members learn about their rights, roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). This knowledge supports an organization’s Internal Responsibility System (IRS), the fundamental principle of the OHSA.
The class will be hosted using Microsoft Teams and participants will need to use a webcam for certain parts of the training such as I.D. verification and engagement monitoring.
Participants will need:
– A quality internet connection
– A computer (laptop, desktop or tablet)
– A webcam with a microphone
- The Role of a Certified Member
- The Roles of Workplace Parties
- Rights, Duties & Legal Requirements for the JHSC & Committee Members
- How an Effective JHSC Works
- How to Identify & Access Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
- Basic Rights, Responsibilities, & Training Requirements for Workplace Parties
- Hazard kinds, recognition, assessments, analysis, control
- Basic Process of R.A.C.E.
- Process of Workplace Inspections
- Requirements for Accident Investigations
Length: 3 Days
Delivery: We offer three delivery options;
- Virtual Classroom (starting end of July) as Single or in a Group. For further details about this Distance Learning or to enroll, please call us at 1.866.347.7707
- Private delivery is available for employees in your workplace, either in-person or virtually.
- NOTE: Our in-class option for the JHSC Certification training in a traditional classroom setting will be available once training facilities are accessible and allow for adherence to all public health guidelines.
Price: $475.00 + HST.
To register please refer to our on-line registration wizard at top right corner of page or call us at 1.866.347.7707.
Groups: Contact our Customer Care Advisors for on-site options.
Payment: Due at time of reservation. We accept VISA and Master Card. Corporate accounts are welcome.
Additional JHSC Certification Requirement
In order to become a fully certified member, participants are required to take an additional two-day JHSC Part II Hazard-Specific Training' within 12 months of completing Part One.
Course ProviderWorkplace Safety Group offers this Chief Prevention Officer approved Mentor Safety Program that is delivered to you by an approved Mentor Safety instructor. All instructors have successfully completed and maintained Quality Assurance protocol as per the Mentor Quality Assurance Plan. PRO34577.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.