Worker Orientation & Awareness | Your Rights & Responsibilities
Employers are required to provide this health and safety orientation and awareness training to all workers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Workers must be informed about their rights and responsibilities and the importance of workplace safety.
Who Should Take This Course?
Companies can use this course to meet minimum training as required by the OH&S Act & Regs and as part of your onboarding program of integrating and engaging new workers to your team.
This training introduces workers to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. It focuses on the health and safety rights and responsibilities of workers, supervisors and employers. It also serves as a general introduction to workplace health and safety.
- Duties & Responsibilities of the Employer, Worker, & Supervisor
- Three Worker Rights: To Know, Refuse & Participate in Health & Safety
- The Role of a Health & Safety Rep & JHSC Member
- Learn About Common Hazards & How to Avoid Them
- The Right to Refuse Unsafe Work
- Working Together for Safety
- Resources – Where to Find Health & Safety Information
- The Importance Of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
Length: 1.5 Hours
Price: $45 per person for groups 6-18. Contact us for these special In-House Training Rates and for larger groups
Go to the "Apply OnLine" panel at right for upcoming classes.
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.