Worker Orientation & Awareness | Your Rights & Responsibilities
Employers are required to provide this health and safety orientation and awareness training to all workers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Workers must be informed about their rights and responsibilities and the importance of workplace safety.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Seasonal Workers | Students
- Migrant Workers
- Part time Workers
- New workers to the Labour Force
Companies can use this course to meet minimum training as required by the OH&S Act & Regs and as part of your onboarding program of integrating and engaging new workers to your team. (Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps)
This training introduces workers to the Occupational Health and Safety Act. It focuses on the health and safety rights and responsibilities of workers, supervisors and employers. It also serves as a general introduction to workplace health and safety.
- Duties & Responsibilities of the Employer, Worker, & Supervisor
- Three Worker Rights: To Know, Refuse & Participate in Health & Safety
- The Role of a Health & Safety Rep & JHSC Member
- Learn About Common Hazards & How to Avoid Them
- The Right to Refuse Unsafe Work
- Working Together for Safety
- Resources – Where to Find Health & Safety Information
- The Importance Of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
Length: 1.5 Hours. Class taught on location
Group Price: $45 per person. Contact us for special In-House Training Rates.
Course Materials: Learner Workbook provided
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Informative and engaging! Thanks for making health and safety a surprisingly fun experience.”
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.