Workplace Inspection & Hazard Recognition
An Inspection is a process for critically evaluating a workplace to identify and record potential hazards so that corrective actions may be taken before an accident occurs. An effective safety inspection program will improve worker communication, company morale and over time, save the employer money. This course is designed to help participants recognize, assess, and control safety and evaluate health hazards in their workplaces.
Workplace Safety Group completely re-designed this course to cover more than the basic workplace inspections. It provides up-to-date information on the OHSA and current knowledge of hazards and risks found in today's modern workplace.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Managers, Supervisors, Health & Safety Representatives, and JHSC worker and management members.
- Safety Committee members
- Health & Safety Representatives
- JHSC Worker Representatives (see JHSC Program)
- JHSC Management Representative (see JHSC Program)
What Our Participants Are Saying
“Thanks for a very fun class and a great teacher. ☺”
This instructor‐led course equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform regular, planned workplace inspections as required by the OH&Act and Regulations. Supervisors, along with other members of an inspection team, can help plan, conduct, report, monitor and document inspections. Regular inspections are an important part of an overall occupational health and safety program.
- Review the Purpose & Legal Requirements for Conducting Workplace Inspections
- Preparing for an Inspection
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Types of Workplace Inspections
- Four Steps of Workplace Inspections
- Hazard Identification – Existing & Potential
- Risk Assessment
- RACE Methodology for 'R'ecognizing, 'A'ssessing, 'C''ontrolling & 'E'valuating hazards
Length: 3 Hours
Individual Price: $175.00** | We accept VISA and Master Card
Groups of 3-5 Discount: 10%
On-site Groups of 6 to 10: $1,050.00 Contact our Safety Advisors for In-House Options or to book a class
**Minimum of 6 participants for this course to run
Next Dates | To Register
Go to the "Apply OnLine" wizard at the right for upcoming classes and to register.
Additional Course Suggestion
Most participants take the Accident Investigations training together with the Workplace Inspection course, or alternatively WHMIS 2015.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.