Workplace Violence, Bullying & Harassment Prevention Workshops
Harassment and violence are defined as workplace hazards.
Since harassment can be a precursor to violence, it is very important that an employer promptly and fully address all allegations of harassment. Employers are required to help prevent workplace harassment and violence by developing prevention plans as outlined in the OHSA, and must address incidents when they do occur.
Workplace bullying video from WorkSafe BC
- Defining workplace harassment and violence in all forms, including domestic and sexual violence
- Preventing harassment (including workplace sexual harassment and bullying) and discrimination from occurring through greater awareness of and sensitivity to the issues
- Requirement for employers to develop violence and harassment prevention plans
- Requirement to review plans at least annually or more often as necessary
- Requirement for employers to investigate incidents of violence and harassment and take corrective action
- Steps to take when a complaint is received
- Requirement for employers to advise workers of resource options if affected by violence or harassment
- Requirement for 3rd party MLTSD ordered investigations
Workplace Safety Group is pleased to have Rudner Law as a valuable resource to help clarify this complex topic.
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
All persons in positions of authority, including owners, managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. This responsibility includes actively promoting a positive work environment and intervening when problems occur. Persons in positions of authority are responsible for their own actions and for dealing with inappropriate conduct of any employees when allegations of such conduct are brought to their attention.
Length: 4.0 hours approx.
Price: $125.00 + HST. Please note that we must have a minimum of 6 participants for this course.
Groups 6-12: For in-house training please email our Client Success Team or call us at 1.866.347.7707. Our instructors come to your workplace - any shift including weekends - making this an ideal option for group training.
Upcoming training dates and to register for course, see wizard box at upper right corner of page
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.