Working at Heights Refresher | CPO Approved
Who Must Take This Course?
After the three year period, refresher training must be taken by all certified "Working at Heights" workers. Workers will be able to re-validate their Working at Heights certification by successfully completing this Chief Prevention Officer approved half-day “refresher” (ID Number PRO-34577) training program, delivered by our CPO approved trainers.
Falls happen all too often and are the leading cause of fatalities at work. The refresher course reinforces and reminds workers about safe work practices and procedures as specified in the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. All instructors have successfully completed and must maintain current as per the Mentor Safety Quality Assurance Policy.
The practical component includes;
- PPE - Donning & Doffing
- Barriers, Safety Nets and other Fixed Equipment
- Travel Restraint, Fall Restriction and Fall Arrest Systems and Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Work Platforms
- Rescue Planning and on-site First Aid procedures for a fallen worker
We provide Working at Heights Refresher training sessions as open enrolment public courses as well as closed groups at your worksites, place of businesses or rented spaces in community centres.
Length: 4-½ Hours. Saturday morning classes available on request
Open Enrolment Price: $85.00 per person
Groups: 8 to 48 needing on-site training: Contact us for Special Rates - TF (519) 870-6930
- The training is valid for three years from the date of successful completion of the Working at Heights CPO approved program.
- Training includes, participant workbook, a written test and record of training report.
- MLTSD now requires learners to provide photo ID (Provincial ID, Driver's License, Citizenship Card, or Employee ID Card) at time of registration. If you do not provide proper identification WSG may refuse you access to the classroom and you may not receive a refund.**
- All learners must show proof of original certification and photo ID (Provincial ID, Driver's License, Citizenship Card, or Employee ID Card). Should you not be able to provide proper identification WSG may refuse you access to the classroom and you will not receive a refund.
- If you do not have your CPO issued card call 1.877.202.0008 and ask for your learner number.
- *** During this time of social distancing and sanitizing we ask that learners supply their own harness. Our facilitators will have a limited supply of hand sanitizer and face masks
Workplace Safety Group offers this Chief Prevention Officer approved Mentor Safety Program that is delivered to you by an approved Mentor Safety instructor. All instructors have successfully completed and maintained Quality Assurance protocol as per the Mentor Quality Assurance Plan. PRO34577.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to a course start date will not be refunded. Workplace Safety Group reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a training session. A $25.00 Administration Fee will apply to all customer requested cancellations.